Call for Papers:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland invites submissions for a two-day conference on issues related to the resolution of insolvent large complex financial institutions. The conference will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, on April 14-15, 2011. It will bring together academics, policymakers, and market participants to discuss applicable law and practice associated with resolving insolvent financial firms, recent reforms, and potential reforms.
The organizers are looking for a mix of theoretical and empirical papers (including case studies) related to:
- The design of contingency plans/living wills
- The resolution of financial companies under the bankruptcy code
- International coordination relating to the resolution of systemic financial companies under the Bankruptcy Code applicable foreign law
- The legal and economic issues surrounding the treatment of derivatives, repos, and other qualified financial contracts in bankruptcy
- Under Title II of the Dodd Frank Act
- International comparisons of solvency resolution regimes for banks and nonbank financial firms.
The deadline for submissions is March 11, 2011.