Date(s) of Conference:
October 13-14, 2011
Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth
Northwestern University School of Law
The goal of this conference is to foster the study of the broad effects of public sector unions on state and local government in the United States. To this end, the conference will (1) generate research on public sector unions in the United States; (2) create a forum for a discussion of the research across a broad group of interdisciplinary scholars; and (3) disseminate the research to both the academic community, journalists, and policy makers, both legislative and executive.
Call for Papers:
Topics of interest will include:
- The Evolution of Public Sector Unions in the United States
- Estimating the Costs and/or Benefits of Public Sector Unions
- The Law and Economics of State and Municipal Obligations to Employees
- Public Sector Unions and the Democratic Polity
- Public Sector Unions: Is Reform Needed and Proposals for Reform
Papers for the conference should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com by May 1, 2011. Authors will be notified of decisions by May 16, 2011.