Date(s) of Conference:
August 10-11, 2011
University of Colorado
The conference promotes the training, education, and sharing of information between American Indians on and off-reservation with various federal, state, and local agencies, community organizations, educators, health care providers, and more.
Breakout session topics include:
- Environmental Justice
- Nondiscrimination in Employment and Employment Opportunities through Tribal Employment Rights Offices
- Sexual Violence in the Lives of Native Women
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the American Indian Health Improvement Act
- Civil Rights and Justice on Tribal Land
- The Modern HIV Epidemic and its Challenges to Tribal Rights and Sovereignty
- Culturally Aware Approaches to Address Harassment and Bullying
Registration is required, to do so visit Unco.edu.
Solomon Little Owl