Call for Papers:
Practising and academic lawyers from any part of the world and of any nationality are invited to respond to the Call for Papers. Speakers will be selected on the basis of abstracts submitted in response to the Call for Papers.
Abstracts should be submitted by Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 and will be selected by the Donoghue v Stevenson International Conference 2012 Papers Review Committee.
Papers may focus on any aspect of tort, negligence, and delict which is pertinent to the general overall rationale of the event, however, preference will be afforded to the following key themes:
- New insights into Donoghue v Stevenson as arguably the world’s most influential decision (historical, cultural, etc.);
- The influence of Donoghue v Stevenson upon access to justice and the role of crusading lawyers in changing law and effecting justice;
- The state of negligence laws/consumer protection today; and
- Is it time for another Donoghue v. Stevenson (i.e., should we take the next step on to stricter modes of liability for products and other services).
- Donoghue v. Stevenson and human rights
- Donoghue v. Stevenson in the commercial arena
0141 561 7266
Renfrewshire Law Centre
65—71 George Street
Paisley PA1 2JY
0141 848 3000
Programme Leader for Law
University of the West of Scotland
0782 490 6574